[FWDLK] trans installation 58 Savoy 318 torqueflght

[FWDLK] trans installation 58 Savoy 318 torqueflght

 Ok, so early this morning I went out and removed the bell housing from
the block the torque converter from the crankshaft and put them on the
transmission. I checked and rechecked the alignment of the pump to
stator notches. Everything went up to the block much easier than the
other way, but not all the way up to the block. I'm able to start all
the bolts. the studs that go from the bell housing to the block are
lined up nicely, but when I start tightening the bolts it seems to be
forcing it the last 1/4 inch. I don't want to do any damage to my trans
mission or torque converter so I don't dare force it.
 Let's assume I do have the torque converter properly aligned.
Is there anything that the transmission rebuilder could have done wrong
that would cause this problem?
 How about the torque converter rebuilder.
Is there any way I check what they've done?
 I don't need to tell you that they both said they couldn't have done
anything wrong.
 Past wit's end,
 Larry Gardinier