Re: [FWDLK] (FWDLK) Seat Belts (lap belts)

Re: [FWDLK] (FWDLK) Seat Belts (lap belts)

Just checked my parts shelf and lo and belhold, there they are.  A flame red Hickok seat belt still in the box with instructions and all hardware and another box with a Hickok seat belt retractor.  If memory serves me right I  bought these back in the '60's while serving in Coast Guard on weather ship.  The ship had a safety program and was selling seat belts at a bargain price (cigarettes cost a buck a carton out at sea) to promote safety in older cars that did not have seat belts.  At that time I had a '59 Plymouth Sport Fury with red interior with no belts.  Obviously I never installed them - too busy with wine, women, and song I guess.  I hung onto the seat belt - now if I only would've held on to the car.  But then again I had a chance to buy a Graham automobile that was for sale at a gas station in Portland, Maine for $150 (daily driver) but youth and ignorance were abundant at that time.   John Z in Mosinee, WI