Re: [FWDLK] (FWDLK) Seat Belts (lap belts)

Brian - I did get another 59 Sport Fury a couple years ago after talking about it for about 15 years.  I also have a 4-dr Fury and a 4-dr Fury parts car.  Trying to make up for lost time I guess.  Each day when I go in my garage and see my Sport sitting there I have to pinch myself  to make sure I'm not dreaming.    John Z in Mosinee, WI
-----Original Message-----
From: brians <xm2cars@xxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, February 17, 2001 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] (FWDLK) Seat Belts (lap belts)

John,

Hang onto those belts and get another 59 Sport Fury to attach em to!!

Then you will have full forgiveness from the group....

Brian
57 D500s in MI

goiola wrote:

 Just checked my parts shelf and lo and belhold, there they are.  A flame red Hickok seat belt still in the box with instructions and all hardware and another box with a Hickok seat belt retractor.  If memory serves me right I  bought these back in the '60's while serving in Coast Guard on weather ship.  The ship had a safety program and was selling seat belts at a bargain price (cigarettes cost a buck a carton out at sea) to promote safety in older cars that did not have seat belts.  At that time I had a '59 Plymouth Sport Fury with red interior with no belts.  Obviously I never installed them - too busy with wine, women, and song I guess.  I hung onto the seat belt - now if I only would've held on to the car.  But then again I had a chance to buy a Graham automobile that was for sale at a gas station in Portland, Maine for $150 (daily driver) but youth and ignorance were abundant at that time.   John Z in Mosinee, WI