[FWDLK] gas gage

Hi all.
I have been having a problem with my fuel gage.
I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.
The problem is when I fill the tank the gage goes to full and then it will
start going back to empty and to full and sometimes I have to hit the gage
to get it to work.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Bob Hanekamp.