Re: [FWDLK] Clear coating chrome bumpers

Re: [FWDLK] Clear coating chrome bumpers

Bill,

I wouldn't do it. The potential for more problems is there when the
clear coat starts yellowing and peeling off the chrome.

Paint will not bond well to chrome and the best way to keep the chrome
nice is to use a good wax and keep it coated.  Also always wipe water
off the chrome after it gets wet or damp (front and back sides) which
will help prevent rust from starting.

Brian
57 D500s in cold Michigan