From: Ron Waters <Ronbo97@xxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] What's a "Clone" ??
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:38:16 -0500

Here's the 'fine line' :

When someone takes a Firedome (or whatever) and paints it up to look like
an
Adventurer (or whatever) , changes to an Adventurer engine, adds the
Adventurer interior, etc. then it's a clone.  When someone changes the VIN
tag and/or the dataplate, then it becomes a counterfeit, or fraudulent car.
That's why some automobiles have 'secret numbers' (we don't want to go off
on this discussion, please) to prove that they are what they appear to be.

Buyer beware, and research the car before you buy it.

My 2¢.

Ron