Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] What's a "Clone" ??

In a message dated 2/27/01 11:39:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
xnr_fan@xxxxxxxxx writes:

But where's the fine line?

I guess the line has to be found in "did the car that I'm saying is a Fury,
300, Adventurer or D500, really start its life as one of those cars or is it
another model that I put together to resemble, look like or mimic one of
those specific cars."

People, if I say the car is a Fury and I know that it really didn't start
its' life as one, then I'm doing it for profit or I want a Fury so bad that
I'd do and say anything to have one.  To go to the trouble of finding a VIN
tag and cowl tag, says that I want this beast real bad.  The answer is real
easy.  It only goes paint and trim deep.  The guy who does that kind of thing
and knowingly sells the car at auction is not an honest or ethical person.
I'm not sure what constitutes fraud in a car auction, but it seems like fraud
to me.  I certainly wouldn't want to spend money on a car that really isn't
what it's supposed to be.  Maybe I'm old fashioned.  It's just not HONEST!

My 2 cents.......

John Paxos
'57 Fury-restored (a real one)
'57 Belvedere-Convert in the process if being restored (it's real, too)