[FWDLK] Original or clone?

I once read in a magazine about a wodden chair from a famous designer. The chair was worth real $$$. If you now suppose that someone smashed one of these chairs in two pieces and it was thrown away. Several years later two different guys find one piece each. They both restore/rebuild their half of the chair to make it 100% original. Do they have an original design-chair or what do they have?

Another thing that is difficult to decide in this clone-discussion is this: Image a 58 Adventure converible that is totally rusted out. You could ofcourse as mentioned in earlier answers (57 Adventurer Cvt - Barrett-Jackson) fix it up with parts from other cars or reproduction parts. You will have welding-nightmares but it is possible. The car will never be 100% original since it has been totally cutted up. If you, instead of doing welding on the original body, moved over a rustfree Firedome body you would get a much better result and a better car. Is this a clone? I don't think so but it is difficult where to draw the line though! I don't think you have a clone if you have the original complete frame with engine, trans and so on togheter with original interior, trim, model-badges and VIN but it is a hard question with 100s of differnet answer.

In Sweden we have several of clones including Adventures and 300s. If you build it for your own pleasure I think it is OK as long as you tell the buyer what you have been up to. I am starting to build a 58 Fury convertible. This will be a dressed up 58 Belvedere convertible with more options than the car was born with...

-Daniel Andersson, Sweden