[FWDLK] running hot

Hi all.
I just finished changing my 57 Plymouth over from a 2 barrel to a 4 Barrel.
While I had it apart I took the radiator and had it cleaned
and I put in a 160 degree thermostat instead of the 190 I had in it.
And the temp gage is still running at the same place and that is at the end
of the gage but not in the circle at the end of the gage.
Does any one know how to test a gage to see if it is bad.
The car does not boil over and no water comes out of the overflow.
Thank you for any help.
Bob Hanekamp.
bobsmopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx