[FWDLK] wiring harness question

I'm currently making a new wiring harness for my 56 Plym.
The harness for the rear of the car runs up through the roof area of the
car. Anyone know how it comes out. Do I need to remove the headliner. I
tried to tig on it a bit from the trunk area, but It didn't move. I have to
climb in the trunk for a better look. I was hoping to tie a string to the
dash board end, the wiring harness with the string attached into the trunk,
the attach the string to a new harness and pull it back. But if there are
some clips above the headliner, i'm not going to pull the headliner.
So if I can't put it in the stock location, any ideas where to run it. I was
thinking of running it under the car along the frame and running the wires
through a piece of pvc or aluminum tube to protect it.

any suggestions.
Thanks,
Nick