Re: [FWDLK] Did DeSoto make a 391 cu in ?

Re: [FWDLK] Did DeSoto make a 391 cu in ?

Bill,

I know...

They did NOT make a 391 Hemi engine.

DeSoto, in 1956, made a 330.4 and a 341 (for the
Adventurer).

In 1957, they made a 341 and a 345 (for the
Adventurer).

In 1958, they went to wedge motors.

It's probably a 392 transplant, I have seen that MANY
times.

Of course, the valve covers, spark plug covers, engine
block number and oil breather setup usually give those
away.

Hope this helps.