Re: [FWDLK] I just took delivery on my 56 DeSoto. Starting to

Re: [FWDLK] I just took delivery on my 56 DeSoto. Starting to like it.

Thanks for the feedback, Richard. I paid $3,800 for it, plus
$500 to deliver to my door. Less $150 for paint scrape.

The tip on the stainless trim will help alot. I may try spray
painting the DeSoto letters (one is broken). Might try some
very fine steel wool on the bumpers. It will be fun.

Fortunately, the seller redid almost the entire brake system.
There is a downside to silicone brake fluid, it doesn't absorb
water like the other kind and so when water gets into it it
tends to puddle and rust out that area. Maybe I can get stainless
lines...I'm sure I can.

Usually, from what I've seen in photos, the trunk is the worst part
of the car. In my case, it's the best!  Go figure. Oh, and it's full
of spares. Even spare front wheel bearings.

I have found aluminum heads for old Chrysler engines, not DeSoto, tho.
Well, I'll save some money.

Going to get my tag as soon as I can!

-bill