Re: [FWDLK] 1958 dodge spring special

Again,  all the information in Collectible Automobile 10/2 is pretty much
correct.   The wider body-side molding and the grill medallions were the
"Deluxe Molding Package", and the bright fin end-cap and wide rear license
plate escutcheon formed the "Bumper Appearance Group".  Some cars had one or
the other, some both.  I guess you could also order a Spring Special color
without either, but would it still be a "Spring Special"?

My Coronet has the Deluxe Molding Package, but not the Bumper Appearance
Group.  Currently all white, but will probably add some red to two-tone it
and set off the beautiful lines.

<< > According to Collectible Automobile, Vol.10#2:

 > [1958] "Dodge's 'New Spring Swept-Wing' included a wider, full-length
 > body-side molding with a textured insert; a Lancer helmet-and-shield center
 > grille medallion on Custom Royals or Dodge crest badge on Royals and
 > Coronets; a triangular bright fin rear end cap; and a new, wider chromed
 > license plate escutcheon.
 > ...The ad also depicted body-color headlamp doors, but they apparently
never
 > made it into production.  In addition, three new deluxe colors were added--
 > Poppy Red, Frosted Turquoise, and Paris Rose-- together with new
 > turquoise-and-black and red-and-black interiors."
 > They go on to talk about some spring option quirks and the Texan and Regal
Lancer.