Re: [FWDLK] christine, myth or mystery?

As I understand it...

While filming 'The Crate' episode of "Creepshow" on location at Carnegie Mellon
University in Pittsburgh, Stephen King stayed in Plum Township, PA, with his good
friend George Romero (of "Dawn of the Dead" fame).  King passed a rather spooky
old car (make unkown) every day on the way to the shooting.  I tend to recall
King's saying that the car "seemed to be waiting to pounce out of the shadows" in
the old garage where it was stored.  That's all the spark of an idea that Stephen
King needs.

The car is not based on the '57 Plymouth shown coming the wrong way out of a
covered bridge on the rear cover of the early hardback editions.  The car was dug
up specifically for the shoot, and if memory servers, the photographer bought the
car right afterwards.

Libertyville, in real life, is Plum Twp. (about 5 miles from my house), and the
Fury was chosen not for any sinister looks, but merely for the name.  The book is
basically about anger becoming rage, and rage becoming uncontrolled fury.  Thus,
the car's model name fits very well into the story.

There's a lot of scenes in the book that correlate directly to specific locations
in and around Pittsburgh, and some of the history ties in as well.  Horlicks
could be any of a number of colleges in the area.  Oh, and the dedication is to
George Romero and Pittsburgh.

And no, I still haven't found the car nor the garage mentioned above.  I think
I've covered every inch between Plum and CMU twice.  Must be long gone.  That was
over 20 years ago...

-Dave