Re: [FWDLK] christine, myth or mystery?

--- Frank Ayres <Frank18204@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all.  Can anyone answer this?  They say that all
> fiction is based on some reality.  Does this mean
> that there ever was a person who became attached and
> used witchcraft on his 58' Fury?  Think about it, It
> could very well be possible.  People have seen
> ghosts and ufo's  and there are several movies on
> them.  So, does this mean there is any type of
> reality behind the Christine Case?  Someone please
> answer this, and i would appreciate it if no sarcasm
> was said.

I think Dave covered this fairly well, Frank, and I
just thought I'd add a couple thoughts.

I read an interview with King where he said he picked
the '58 Fury because it was a cool car from that era
that didn't have much of a following the way '49-'51
Mercs or '55-'57 Chevies had. (Before Christine, I'd
grudgingly have to agree with that; I loved them but
tended to be virtually alone in that.)

I'd like to think that if Christine had been based on
reality, King would've gotten the details about door
locks and tranny selectors (among others) right...

That having been said, the closing sentence of the
book showed very well indeed how the model name
dovetailed neatly with the plot about a car that
reincarnates itself:

"*His undending fury.*"

Mike Sealey
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
(and the only guy in the theater cheering for the car!)