[FWDLK] 1956 Adventurer/Pace Car cloth

OK...

For those that are interested:

http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/Rodeo/1272/ALL4NEW.jpg

The upper left is worn out original Adv. cloth (and I
just realized it's upside down in the pic).  The upper
right is the new repro. from my commission, the lower
left is the original repro. run from ABC Upholstery in
1984 (which is what I was attempting to match to for
interchangeability) and the lower right is the
disasterous 2000 run of cloth by ABC Upholstery that
the National DeSoto Club and ABC refused to admit
wasn't even close to being correct, which is why I
looked into creating my own material.

Here is a complete swatch of it (rather large):

http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/Rodeo/1272/jacquie.jpg

I spoke to the weaver and she indicated that she
cannot do jacquard fabrics on her loom, but she knew
some people that had the right loom to do it, so those
Imperial eagles are probably possible for those that
want them.

This stuff cost me $105.00 a yard (60" wide), but, as
you can see, I can use it with old and new and it's
pretty undetectable.

Of course, all of this came as a result of buying 10
yards of unusable stuff from ABC that ABC (and the
National DeSoto Club) refused to admit was wrong.

Questions, comments?

I can send anyone who requests the contact info. for
this weaver.

Additionally, if you wish to purchase any yardage of
this Adventurer/Pace Car cloth, please contact me
ASAP.  There are only 10 yards left and each car uses
5 yards.

Hope this helps,

Leslie Howard