From: Larry Haga
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2001 7:16 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] swivel seat questions

Hello,
I am considering buying a swivel seat for my 60 Desoto Adventurer 2dr. I have found one that is most of the way across the country from me, so I can't look at it before I buy it. I have never personally saw one of these seats but I like the way they look in the pictures and think it would be a cool option to add to my Desoto. Now here is the questions. The seat I am considering buying is from a 60 Desoto but is from a 4 dr. The guy that has it says the passenger seat will fold forward but that the driver one won't. He says it should be an easy fix because it is probably just froze up. Is this right? Did the swivel seats in a 4dr really fold forward? Are the swivel seats in a 4dr really the same as a 2 dr? Also I was really looking for a power operated swivel but this one is not. My seat now is a power bench and the seller claims I can take all the power track mechanisms and switch them over. He claims to have done this on his own car. Will this work? If any one on the list has any experience with these seats please let me know. I would hate to spend all the money he wants for the seat and all that it would cost to ship it just to find out it will not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Larry
60 Adventurer 2dr
60 Fireflight 4dr