[FWDLK] Rubber gaskets

And my wife can't understand why I keep those old inner tubes.  You older guys out there, remember we used to use them to make sling shots?  But if you need thicker rubber to make gaskets, it is available in the plumbing dept at your hardware store.  I have a package here of 2 peices, one peice is 1/16" thick and the other is 1/8" thick.  They are 6" x 6" in size which may restrict some applications but larger peices may be available.   Another use for an old bike tube is (I picked this up from Shade Tree Mechanic) to find a leak in your radiator.  Cut tube where it leaks and attach ends to the lower and upper ends of radiator (leave cap on of course) and apply air pressure to valve stem and if your radiator leaks you will see it.  A little soapy water helps.    John Z in Mosinee, WI