[FWDLK] 58 Plymouth V8 engine color

I used the Forward look web page search function to see if anyone had
already answered my question but only found the question and not the answer.

I am about to rebuild a 318 poly engine with a 4 barrel carter carb which I
got from a 58 Plymouth Belevedere parts car.  The engine is painted gold
with black valve covers.  The number on  the engine block is LP8 129 432.  I
also have a 58 Plymouth Savoy which also has a 318 poly but with a 2 barrel
carter carb and it has a block number of LP8 183721 and is all silver
aluminum color.

I always believed the correct engine color for 58 Plymouth 318 poly V8's was
silver aluminum.  Could the gold with black valve covers be correct because
the engine came with a 4 barrel carb?  Maybe the engine was rebuilt (I have
not gotten into yet to see if it is original or not) or maybe the engine
came from a different Forward look vehicle - Dodge, Desoto etc.

I anyone has information about this it would be a help. If the gold with
black valve covers is correct I may stay with the same color after the
engine has been rebuilt instead of the silver aluminum.

Thanks
Harry in NC
58 Plymouth
57 Plymouth