[FWDLK] wheel alignment on 57 imp

Hi all,
As i haven't answer from the IML about my inquiry, i post it to the other lists !
I'm just pre-adjust the caster, camber and toe-in on my 57 (i use a "home made" scale to
have a pre-adjustement before to go to a wheel alignment shop). I've kept an old message
from the Chrysler 300 mailing list which said: ".. have the most positive caster you can
:1 1/2 to 2 1/2 °, camber around 0° and you'll think you're driving a different car (no
steering wander). The only disadvantage is to have a steering effort increase but with
power steering..."

Back to my car i take this afternoon some measurements: left wheel: caster : 0°, camber :
- 0.3°. Right wheel: caster and camber around 0°.

So i must increase caster to + and decrease negative camber on the left. Problem on these
57/58 cars is that you've to add or remove shims (between frame and upper arm) to adjust
caster and camber: you add shims at the upper arm rear bolts to increase positive caster
(or remove at front ).
Number of shims on my car:
left wheel: no shim at front location, 6 shims (= 3/8 ") at rear location.
right wheel: 1 shim (= 1/16") at front, 2 shims (= 1/8") at rear.
If you add or remove shim at one location you modify also camber. If you add shims at the
two locations you modify only camber (to negative). And my problem is that if i add shims
to increase + caster i'll also increase - camber ! Remember that i can't remove shim at
front as i've no shim at this location on the left wheel.
So my questions:
- does the  tire size (diameter) has an effect on caster / camber; my tires are too small
at this time and i haven't get the new tires which would be 1 1/2 " bigger in diameter..
- If i coudn't bring camber to adjustement i can modify the height of the car (which seems
too low but perhaps because tires are too small). If i increase the height of the car i'll

decrease - camber i think
What do you advise me ?

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)