Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 6:34 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Hiding oil

Today we put 6 quarts of oil in my freshly overhauled 291 and using a special tool cranked the oil pump at 1200 rpm resulting in almost 60 psi oil pressure.  Great news.

However, when I checked the oil,  it didn't even show on the dip stick.

So far I have put 8 quarts in and it still shows more than a quart low.

This is the same oil tube and dip stick that was in the car when we  tore it apart and I always put 6 quarts in with filter change and it was right on the full mark.

Any ideas on what's going on???

Thanks.

Dave Olson

55 DeSoto sportsman 2 dr hdtp.