Re: [FWDLK] '57-'58 Plymouth sportone refabrication

Re: [FWDLK] '57-'58 Plymouth sportone refabrication

No and yes.

No, the sportone material is not the same as the dash trim for either year,
and yes there were different designs for '57 and '58.  '57 dash trim has a
dot pattern, while '58 has little 4-pointed stars in the trim.  As for the
sportone, of course the '57 Fury gold trim was different than the non-Fury,
and was unique to '57.  Non-Fury Plymouths for '57, when ordered with the
Sportone option, had either a flat, non-patterned, but colored aluminum trim
insert, or the car was simply painted the Sportone color in between the
aluminum moldings.

But for '58, the Sportone for the Fury had the same pattern as the
non-Furys, but was simply gold instead of silver.  The '57 Fury Sportone
insert is in the pattern of a bunch of half-circles, or lips, that is kind
of hard to describe.  The '58 Plymouth Sportone has a square shaped pattern.

Mark   mjh
'57 Fury in OR