[FWDLK] Scrapin and Cleanin

The 56 dodge project is crawling along.  I managed to finish pulling the
front end apart and removed the rear.
I thought removing the undercoating was bad.  I spent a few hours on
Saturday just scraping and cleaning the 45 years of accumulated crud from
most of the front suspension parts. I had to do this before I could even
begin to take apart the kingpins and spindles. It was so bad I did not even
want to put it my parts washer!  I ended up outside using a plastic concrete
mixing tray with about 2 gallons of kerosene.  An assortment of wire
brushes, screwdrivers and scrapers and the fun began.  My usual helper ages
8 and 5 took one look and ran away.  Just as well I would not let then near
the kerosene anyway.

If anyone is just starting a project like tihs do yourself a favor and get a
powerwasher and blast it down real good before you begin.  I started this
project in November and it was really cold but if I had to do it again I
would freeze a little bit.

This week I will finish cleaning the frame, (the sandblaster just worked
around the crud) and get the frame ready to paint.

So much for the nice clean freshly painted garage floor! its going to take a
little scrubbing to get that back in shap as well.

Scott
1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer