Re: [FWDLK] 59 Plymouth Grille

Interesting question. I imagined that the fancier shinier grooved ones were for the more expensive models-the flat surfaced and flat sheen ones I have were taken off base model wagons and Savoys...

----- Original Message -----
From: goiola
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 12:44 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] 59 Plymouth Grille

Just wondering if anyone knows the significance of the two different types of grilles on the 59 Plymouth. I have three (3) 59's and 2 of them have the "shiny" grooved material and one has the grille with the dull smooth material.  I was told by a knowledgeable Mopar enthusiast that the dull grille cars were made in Kansas City?????? but my vin # for this car indicates it was built in Evansville and  my service manual doesn't list KC as a building site.  My other 2 cars are Detroit built.  Just curious.  Thanks,  John Z in Mosinee, WI