Re: [FWDLK] 59 Plymouth Grille

A friend told me that the difference between the two grilles simply was the difference between two suppliers, that one company made the initial run of those grilles, and that when those ran out the contract had been awarded to a different company, which either couldn't or wouldn't make them the same way as the first run. . . don't know if that's accurate but it sounds logical.

Mark   mjh

Just wondering if anyone knows the significance of the two different types of grilles on the 59 Plymouth. I have three (3) 59's and 2 of them have the "shiny" grooved material and one has the grille with the dull smooth material.  I was told by a knowledgeable Mopar enthusiast that the dull grille cars were made in Kansas City?????? but my vin # for this car indicates it was built in Evansville and  my service manual doesn't list KC as a building site.  My other 2 cars are Detroit built.  Just curious.  Thanks,  John Z in Mosinee, WI