De : Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]De la part de Vincent Van Humbeeck
Envoyé : lundi 14 mai 2001 20:24
À : L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : [FWDLK] How to ?

Hi,

I'm currently trying to remove the doors of my '58 Plymouth coupe before
sending the bare body to be sandblasted. I have removed the bolts securing
the door hinges on the body but the thing that puzzles me is the "retaining
bracket" as I call it. You know, the small bracket that helps the door not
to open further than a certain angle. Now how do you remove that item ?

I've studied it and it seems to me that the only way to go is to pop the
rivet out from the articulation and slide the bracket out from the door. But
I would hate to go wrong so I need your advices on that. And if you have to
pop the rivet out (subsequently destroying it), how do you replace it
afterwards ?

Many thanks.

Vincent Van Humbeeck (France, 120 miles north of Paris)
'58 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe