Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 8:17 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Engine Color

don't ever believe the colors shown on the factory sales literature.  Amazing to see some of the color schemes they showed on the cars and engines and never came anywhere close to putting on the real cars.

Actual paint showing on the engine castings is another story.  I would expect that silver with black for the accessories would be correct but don't know the Desoto that well.  It would be correct on a 55 Chrysler unless you have 300 and then it gets gold for the valve covers and air cleaner assy.