Re: [FWDLK] 59 Sport Fury 413?

Just to add a little more to the Sport Fury 413 article.  It says - the car would race but in B/Gas, where it was cannon fodder for lighter entries.  Also the NHRA would not let the 300 car run as a stock car.  Al states in the article "As to where the '300 Fury' ended up, I don't know. I disposed of it and like an old girlfriend, it had been nice while it lasted, but I didn't want to see it again!"  The car was not a production model but did have factory connections.  From my observation of the photo in magazine (my glasses usually have garage dust on them) I don't think the tailfin picture showing the medallion is a real photograph.  If you look closely there are no separations in the chrome trim on side moulding and the tail light side extension(where they should be).  So the E on the medallion could be an inacurracy when they produced the image.  So who knows?  Maybe this could be the car Don Uhl is talking about.  If it is I would think it would be a rare one-of-a-kind highly prized possession. Then again maybe someone dropped a 413 in the car. Maybe Don could contact his friend and find out more for us.  For us few 59 Sport Fury nuts (out numbered by the 57-58 nuts) this is interesting stuff.  ----- For those of you who collect old magazines, in the July 1961 copy of "Custom Rodder" there is a short article and some photos of a fellow in Lincolnwood, IL who slightly customized a 59 Sport Fury.  He calls it "The Bronze Bomb".  Main modifications were on the engine, triple carbs, Isky cam, etc.  On the body, it says he has 64 louvers in the hood  so he wisely didn't radically modify that already beautiful body.   I wonder if that one was a survivor.     John Z