[FWDLK] Auto parts pricing

Today I found out something interesting at the local Checker Auto Parts store.  Awhile back someone on the list said that the K21 Fram oil adapter kit was available from Checker for under $10.  I checked with the local Checker store in my town and the guys said it was not available.  A few weeks later I checked with another Checker store about 50 miles from my town and they ordered one for me for $11.95.  So today while buying brake parts at the local Checker store I thought I would inquire again about the K21.  This time, a different fellow on duty, found it on their computer for $9.95.  I told him I got one at the other Checker store and paid 11.95.  He said the reason was because an Auto Zone store just moved into the area so their prices are lower than the Checkers with less competition.  The ironic thing is though, at our Auto Zone store the computer shows the K21 kit is unavailable.     John Z in Mosinee, WI