[FWDLK] Memory Lane

I was wandering around Memory Lane, a junkyard out here in LA that only stocks 50's, 60's, and a few 70's cars. There were a few FWLK cars in there:
1956 Imperial 4dr sedan (with trunk mounted air)
55 or 56 Plymouth 2drhdtp
57 or 58 Plymouth 2dr post
59 Chrysler wagon
57? Destoto wagon
56 Desoto 4drhdtp
plus others that I don't remember

The most interesting heap had to be a 57 or 58 Imperial 4dr. I'm not sure if it was an ex-movie car or not. Due to the close proximity to Hollywood, automotive "extras" often end up there. There are several pairs of matching cars throughout the yard. Anyway, here are the stats:
4 wheel drive, although the ride height was not too high
knobby tires
roll cage
high transmission tunnel similar to what is found in a Hummer
gauges, including monster speedo mounted on said tunnel
three bucket seats, one of which was a tiny racing bucket centered were the rear sofa should be
metal box in the trunk  gas tank?
It still has the toilet seat trunklid, three doors, two bent bumpers, all glass, and several dents. The hood is gone, and so is what was beneath it. I would have liked to see this monstrosity when it was still on the streets. I was in a hurry so I didn't get to talk to someone to find out the story, but if anybody needs parts, Memory lane is an excellent source of dry, mostly rust-free wrecks. They also stock a few whole cars to purchase. I didn't see any whole FWDLK cars for sale. If you go to LA on a trip, it is certainly worth the look. Even if you don't find what you are looking for, there are many non-Mopar treasures to look at.

Memory Lane
11311 Pendleton    Sun Valley, CA

800-AT-1-YARD
818-504-3341

I am in no way affiliated with Memory Lane. It is just the coolest junkyard in Sun Valley, which has a high population of junkyards including one with a monster truck, and another with a semi from "Junkyard Wars".

-Chris Brown
56 NY