Re: [FWDLK] Getting info on my Dodge from Chrysler

Re: [FWDLK] Getting info on my Dodge from Chrysler

 You can get build record information for American-built cars from 1930 to
1967 and American-built trucks from 1930 to 1950.   From 1968 and on the car
usually has a build sheet tucked away somewhere (if it has not been removed
already).  The cost is $45.00 (US).  Send them the year, make, model and VIN
along with your cheque/money order, to -

DaimlerChrysler Corporate Historical Collection
CIMS 410-11-21
12501 Chrysler Freeway
Detroit, MI  48288

If you own a Canadian-built vehicle, you are out of luck.  The American
historical collection has no Canadian information and DaimlerChrysler Canada
disbanded its historical collection back in the 1980's.  To top it off,
Chrysler
Canada did not start using body tags listing the options on the vehicle
until 1966.  And I have never seen a broadcast sheet in a Canadian-built
Chryco prior to 1966.   1966, but the way, was the year Chrysler began
building cars in Canada for the U.S. market (Darts, to be precise).

I wrote to Chrysler Canada in 1990 looking for some information, and they
gave me the bad news (no historical section / information).  I wrote again
last year after a Barracuda owner in Alberta, on his web page, stated was
able to get all sorts of information on his 1964 Canadian-built Barracuda V8
from the Canadian historical section.  Again I wrote, and again I was told
no information or historical section.  (I knew the whole line from this guy
in
Alberta was bogus, but I had to write DC, just in case the historical
section
was back).

Anyway, both times they gave me the name and address of someone in
Windsor to write for information.  I wrote both times, and I have not
received
a reply on both occasions.  I even sent along an SASE for his use.   So,
there
is not much the owner of a Canadian-built Chryco vehicle can fall back on
for information.

You can also get photos from DC Historical (black & white - $15.00, colour -
$25.00).  Also, they can supply some production numbers.   But nothing more
detailed than how many Fury 2-door hardtops built in 1961.  They have no
information on colours, engines, options, etc.

Bill
Vancouver, BC