[FWDLK] Engine Question

Hi everyone,

Still receiving valuable information on getting
Jason's car up and running from many of you.  Thanks
for all you help and support.

A list member has a 1955 261 v8 in rebuilt riunning
condition.  Will it fit easily into our 1956?  Will
the powerflight with push-button in our 56 fit and
replace the powerflight with lever control from the
55??

I worked on the "second" engine this weekend.  It is
turning over very readily but, alas, tried to fill it
with water and it all went out on the ground.  Two
freeze plugs on the right side missing.  Didn't check
the left side.  Don't know when they popped - before I
got it two years ago or since it has been sitting here
in Chicago.  The guy I bought it from in Texas said he
kept antifreeze in it because it got down to 20
degrees.  The two years it sat here, it got down to
well below zero.  No sign of the freeze plugs on the
ground though.  I stuck my finger into the hole from
the freeze plus and it's really grungy in there.
Loose grime and rust.

In any case, before I can do anything else, I need to
get freeze plugs replaced then see if she'll hold
water or if the block is cracked.

I'm out of town the next two weekeds so it will be a
couple more weeks before I can get a chance to try to
replace the freeze plugs.

Any other suggestions???

Joe and Jason
56 Belvedere(s) (still hoping)