Re: [FWDLK] Last Year For Hemi Imperial

--- Bill Watson <wwatson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-snip-

> Just to throw a monkey wrench into the engine
> situation, the 1959 Imperial Custom Crown
> limousines by Ghia did have the 392-cid hemi V8,
> but that was because they were built from leftover
> 1958 Imperials that were updated with 1959 trim.
> Seems Chrysler overestimated Ghia demand during
> 1958.

A friend who owns an unrestored '58 Ghia tells me the
'58s and '59s were all actually leftover '57s! This
car and the pics I've seen of a '59 IMO support this
theory. Both cars have "Chrysler FirePower" valve
covers (other '58s I've seen have "IMPERIAL" stamped
into the valve covers) and the '59 has a '57-'58
instrument cluster. The pics I've seen of the '59
unfortunately didn't show the blinker switch, which if
still the '57 "rocker" style would be a dead giveaway.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban