[FWDLK] Stainless Trim Pieces - What did THESE come off of?

[FWDLK] Stainless Trim Pieces - What did THESE come off of?

I went to an estate auction this past weekend where 150+ Studebakers were
being sold. It was in Yakima, WA. They also had lots of parts for sale,
among which I found what looked like the same mirrors I have on my 57 Dodge
Custom Royal. I went ahead and bought them (probably paid too much),
but here's the interesting thing. Unlike on my Dodge, these mirrors are
mounted on top of short pieces of stainless trim (portion of a lengthy side
trim, maybe?)
The part numbers on the trim are     1599712    and    1599713

There were three 56 Dodges among the Studes for sale and one 58 Dodge
convertible. So those are possibilities. The convert had all of its trim
removed. Whatever the mirrors came from would have had fairly wide strips,
as the width at each mirror is about 2 inches. Any help identifying the year
and make for the part numbers above is appreciated.

Dan Davids
Woodinville, WA

P.S. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get all the part numbers for the
forward look years entered into a database somewhere, so we could just type
in a part number and have its description/application retrieved?