Re: [FWDLK] The price of showing off your FWDLK car

Re: [FWDLK] The price of showing off your FWDLK car

My opinion on Car Show fees is this.

Someone has to pay the bills to run the show, either the participants, the
people viewing the cars, or the people running the show (usually car clubs).
I believe if the people who view the cars were charged, not as many would show
up to "oogle" over our wonderful cars (not much fun).   I guess I don't mind
paying a small fee to show my car if the show is free to the people viewing the
cars and the people running the event are at or near the break even point .  If
the show is being judged, the trophies have to cost something as well as the
door prizes (if any are being given away).   Bottom line is,,, If it seems to
much to you, then it is your right to drive away.  There is the check and
balance.

That being said, it seems that $40.00 is too much to pay if they are charging
the viewing public $10.00 as well.   What I don't know from your letter is, what
do you get from the show in return?  Is it judged?   Is it gated off in a nice
facility?   Are there nice door prizes, music or complementary food? etc.

Just my opinion,
Greg in Wisconsin
1956 Dodge Royal Lancer