[FWDLK] Diecasts, Chryslers at Carlisle, Etc.

[FWDLK] Diecasts, Chryslers at Carlisle, Etc.

Hi All,

The 1957 & 1958 1:18th scale diecast Plymouths are still available at http://www.forwardlook.net/sitestore.  If you expressed an interest in purchasing one of these, please follow through.  As of right now, only 2 of the 20 that were 'pre-ordered' have sold.

Just so you know, I'm losing money on these.  With shipping from Ertl to me, my cost for a Belvedere is $21.99 ($23.99 for a Fury).  I charge $25 + $5 for shipping, making $30 total.

I use priority mail shipping so I can get the free boxes, and that runs generally between $8 to $12 depending on the location (4.5 lbs from 15222), so it still comes out to about $30 anyway, plus or minus a buck or two.  By comparison, most of the diecast sites sell them for $30 + shipping anyway, so we're still cheaper.

I lost around $60 on the Anson '57's so far, and really would prefer that not happen again.  I've given up on trying to raise money with the sales, but I just don't want to lose any more!  =)

As it stands, I am already going to have to leave Chryslers at Carlisle early on Friday to attend my father's retirement party.  That, coupled with the new engine I just bought for my '58, and the fact that I have $500 tied up in diecasts on my family room floor, I may not have enough money to attend Carlisle at all... so please, if you want to order one, there's no time like the present!

-Dave