Re: [FWDLK] Dodge Radio on Ebay

--- Lafcadio Darling <lafcadiod@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey, I guess I am inviting competition here, but I
> am looking at a radio for sale on Ebay for my
> 1960 Dodge Seneca.  I cannot tell from the bid
> information but I THINK this is compatible with my
> Dodge.  Can anyone give me any guidance on (1)
> whether that radio would fit my car and (2) what
> kind of price I should be willing to pay?

(1) That'll physically fit your '60, and I think the
radios are identical between the two years but there
might be a detail change I'm not aware of that someone
who owns a '60 or '61 might know about.

That radio will also physically fit a '60-'61 DeSoto
but the make name (obviously) and other small details
are wrong.

If you want to REALLY confuse people, track down a
factory AM-FM from a '64 Dodge Custom 880. This fits
your dash perfectly (same dash) and makes it look like
it came from the factory that way. These are rare and
priced accordingly (usually around $250-$350), and
would also need knobs changed to '60-'61 style to look
perfect (I believe all the 880s used the DeSoto knobs
with the 4-pointed star in the middle). Knobs are
really easy to change on these!

(2) Only you can answer what you would pay. I've gone
$50 for a correct basic radio of that era myself; some
wouldn't but others would. Extra features like a seek
function run the price up dramatically.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban