Re: [FWDLK] Engine mounts

That's similar to my plan for the hemi Scott. I will probably make my own
mounts so I can put the engine exactly where I want it.

                    Scott H
                    <kneedrager@HOTMAIL        To:     L-FORWARDLOOK@LISTS.PSU.EDU
                    .COM>                      cc:
                    Sent by: Forward           Subject:     Re: [FWDLK] Engine mounts
                    Look Mopar
                    Discussion List
                    <L-FORWARDLOOK@list
                    s.psu.edu>

                    07/10/01 10:32 AM
                    Please respond to
                    Scott H

Thanks Dave,
I did not know that the 55 was different, I always thought the 55-56 were
the same and that the v8 and 6 cars were different, You learn something new
every day.
The trangular mount is what I have in mind.   I am thinking that a
triangular box - horizontal on the bottom, the outside edge vertical
triangular side plates (which would be aligned front to back in the car)
with the edge toward the motor at a 45 degree angle.  The engine side would
be open.  Then I could drop the spool mount into the open end and drill the
horizontal holes (from front to rear) to capture the spool mount. I would
wait until the engine was in place t o drill the holes this would allow me
to set the angle before drilling the holes.
Hope this makes sense.
When I roughed everything out the trans mount was real close to being in
the
right place for the 727 but that will be easy enough to fabricate.
Scott