[FWDLK] Classic Car Museum

I was in Sarasota, Fl last week on business.  A block away from the airport
on the corner of University Parkway and Highway 41 is a great little museum.

I spoke with the owner for a while about the cars.  Most are unrestored and
in marvelous condition.  The owner is the oldest living Walenda from
Ringling Bros. Circus High Wire artists.  He is a really knowledgeable car
buff and fun to talk to.

There is a 1956 Chrysler Imperial that was repainted, but the rest appeared
original.

There is a 1908 Peets, the only one known to be in existence.  The intake
manifold of the opposing twin cylinder is ordinary pipe and unions.  It had
a two speed planetary rear end.

There was a 1959 Scimitar experimental car by Olin Aluminum Corp.

There was a 1956 Dual Ghia by Dual Motors of Detroit.

There was a 1928 Austin Brooklands race car.  I was surprised how small they
were then.

If anyone is in the area, it is worth seeing.