Re: [FWDLK] 1961 Dodge

Ron,

I do not have  the 1961 Dodge Dart borken down by series or body styles for
American and Canadian production, but the total production of the Seneca
series totalled 84,701.   Total production of the Pioneer series came to
57,268 while the Phoenix totalled 38,592.  So the Seneca was the most
popular series.

When I was a kid in Winnipeg a neighbour down the street had a light blue
Seneca sedan while the neighbour across the lane had a light tan Seneca
sedan.  Both had a slant six engine with Torqueflite.   The neighbour across
the way had hers until 1970 or so when she traded it on a new Chevelle.
Wish now I had bought the car (and kept it).  It was in beautiful shape - no
rust!   Which is not common on a car on the Canadian prairies - salt is used
in the fall, winter and spring to help clear the streets of snow.   (They do
not use it when it gets down to -35 as it is too cold for the salt to do
anything.)

By the way, if your father's car was a Canadian-built Dodge Dart, it would
have had a 313-cid V8.  And it would have used the U.S.-style Dart interior,
but with a Plymouth dashboard.  The same interior was used in the
Canadian-built Plymouth Savoy.

Bill
Vancouver, BC

> My dad bought a new 1961 Dodge at Willowdale Dodge north of Toronto,
> Ontario, Canada when I was a young lad. It was a 4dr Seneca, with a 318
V8,