[FWDLK] No Good Luck

Hello everyone,

Well the verdict is in on the spare 277 engine for
Jason's car (finally).  Looks like a cam is needed to
make it a viable option.  This being the case, I'm
better off (labor/parts. etc) to either rebuild the
blown engine or buy a replacement. It was worth the
time and effort it took to check out the spare,
unfortunately, that option didn't work out  as well as
we hoped.

There were several enigines available from the list
and I'm now pursuing that direction vigorously and
rapidly.  The best options (cost wise) for me were
318's and I have been told by some of you that a
pre-1960 318 will replace the 277 without modification
- engine mount and transmission, etc.  If anyone
disagrees with this information, please let me know
(I'd be in big trouble at home if I bought a 318 and
it didn't fit!!!)

Hopefully we're on the last leg of our journey to
getting Jason's car back on the road (just in time for
winter :(

Thanks again to all of you for your help.

Joe and Jason