[FWDLK] 57 electronic speedo?

In a message dated 08/26/01 12:03:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
LISTSERV@LISTS.PSU.EDU writes:

<<
 Does someone know electronic speedometer like you find on PAW or
 Summit catalogs (VDO, Intellitronix, Auto meter) ? I think i need
 one of them because speedo of my 57 is "dead" >>

Had the same run thru with my 56, in fact drove from Grand Rapids to Barie,
Canada with a speedo working about 10% of the time.  FUn, esp with speeds in
KM in Canada.
Anyhoo, finally solved the problem using a SportComp speedo from SUmmit
Racing.  It has a trip odo too.  Size and text all look well in the 56 dash.
Now if the 57 is the same size.....   In fact I left the original plastic
faceplate in place, simply put the entire new speedo behind it, OF course I
had to drill the old clear plastic face for the new trip odo lever to pass
thru.  One could install in a conventional manner too.
This is a 120 mph unit, they also had another face, cant recall if it was 80
or 160 mph!!   The OD is 5", and cost was $115 US.  Not cheap.  Note this is
an Auto Meter Brand, and it might be found in one of your local chain stores
like AutoZone for less money.
Electronic Speedo?  I had a Prince Corp on board computer sold as an
aftermarket which I used in a couple cars.  It had an adapter that allowed
the current speedo drive to remain and was basically a T that the electronic
drive hooked to.  Simple and  no mess. Think most speedo shops would have the
T adapter.

In any case, good luck.

LARS

In scenic West Michigan USA