[FWDLK] 57-58 Door Latch Mechanism WOES!

[FWDLK] 57-58 Door Latch Mechanism WOES!

Alright!  I am almost ready to throw the towel in!  I have been fighting to
get the drivers door open on my newly acquired 57 Conv. and am having no
luck.  I have good access to all the moving parts within the door, and have
studied the shop manual.  I have watched what moves on the passenger door
(which operates fairly normally).  I then applied all of this to push, or
pull the mechanism within the door to try to get it opened this way!
NOTHING!  Even the star wheel, which you can see in the crack between the
door and body, will not move when coaxed with a screwdriver. I did get the
door to open once, which is how I got the door panel off.  I thought I had it
working after lubricating everything really well. HA! That was a joke!  And
it was on me!  Now I know why most 57's and 58's that you see, including
Christine always have their doors partially cracked open! Once shut, you'll
never open again!  IF ANY OF YOU HAVE THE FACTORY PAMPHLET ON DOOR LATCHES
FOR 57-58 AND CAN GIV E SOME ADVICE, I AM MORE THAN READY TO LISTEN.  THANKS
EVERYBODY.  George.