[FWDLK] 57-58 Door Latch Mechanism WOES!

[FWDLK] 57-58 Door Latch Mechanism WOES!

Ron.  That's the problem.   I was poking around in there, I think I pushed
the star wheel forward with a flat punch while holding the mechanism in an
open position.  But when I tried that same tactic again.......nothing.  I
don't want to get too rough and bust something up.  I took a working latch
assembly out of my parts car, cleaned it up and made sure it was working
properly, greased it.  Now, it's just a matter of getting the door opened to
switch out the latch.  I will try that advice with the jack....that could be
the problem since right now the car is sitting on different size tires and
one wrong rim.  I'll be sure to repost the results.  Thanks A Lot Ron.
George.