Re: [FWDLK] Road Trip

I just got done doing a great road trip myself, and
while unlike my trip last year this wasn't in a
Forward Look car (although close, this was a '64
300-K) it was once again a testimonial to Chrysler
engineering, even 35-40 years later. My only prob was
a flat tire about 20 miles south of Seattle, other
than that all was well. I drove in the green band of
the vacuum gauge as much as I could, and even with
that HP carb & camming I got gas mileage in the
mid-14s. Gotta love those 413s!

This is easily the fastest car I've ever owned (I got
in the Plymouth tonight and it felt like a 230 instead
of a 301 by comparison) and it was a kick to drive
thru downtown Seattle and check out the reaction of
some of the few people who could see past the rough
cosmetics to realize what it was...

I hope Mr. Sharpe got to hear the Killer do "Real Wild
Child", which was originally recorded by an Australian
artist and would've brought the trip full circle...

(Roger -- the parts car has complete factory A/C, the
seller knows you want it, it's yours free for the
taking. Write me personally for more details.)

Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chrysler 300-K "Silver Special"

--- N/B Nichols <3nichols@sprintmail.com> wrote:

> Some of you may remember me mentioning Andrew Sharpe
> at the National DeSoto Convention.  He was the one
> from Australia that bought my '59 New Yorker in
> San Francisco and drove it to PA for the meet.
> Well, today he came back to San Francisco in the
'59.