[FWDLK] '57 Steering adjust. + Torqueflite

[FWDLK] '57 Steering adjust. + Torqueflite

Hi,
Today I've driven my '57 Imp approx. 20 miles and it seems that
the steering is working very well and play is not noticeable, so
i'll not adjust it for the time being.

But i've a little thing that borrows me: the trans. doesn't
kickdown ! If i smash the gas pedal to the floor, the car remains
in same gear (3rd if it was in 3rd, 2 nd if it was in 2nd). On
the other hand if i slow down the car (with brake applied or gas
pedal release) the trans. downshifts to 2 or 1.
I've checked the kickdown linkage adjustement, according to the
FSM and all is OK. The trans. has been overhauled. I noticed also
a small slippage when the trans. upshits from 2 to 3 but not
every time. And sometimes also the trans. doesn't want to remain
in 2nd, it upshifts quickly in 3rd .. except if i push the "2"
button.

Does someone have any idea ?

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)