[FWDLK] sluggish 392 engine (2)

Hi all,
Thanks to all for mails ! I have not the car at this time (at
upholstery shop to put the soft top) so i can't make any checks.
I'll get the car next week so i'll be able to make some tests
(the shop is 30 miles from my home) during the come back of the
imperial. I'll put an electronic tachymeter to see max. rpm and
also at what rpm the trans. upshifts. After i'll test the advance
curb (mech + vacuum) as the FSM tells ° of advance regarding rpm.
I'll also look at the carb: the FSM says that secondary must open
after 70° of primary rotation.
About engine, the timing chain & pinions are new, as sparkplugs,
wires, bearings. I remember i checked the governor weights of
distributor but w/o testing them. The vacuum diaphragm is (was ?
) good. Initial advance : 6° BTDC.

I'll let know the results of all tests.

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)