[FWDLK] 3 minutes of silence

The european community has just decided that Friday 15th will be a day of
mourning in Europe. At noon, for three minutes, all Europe will be silent,
in memory of all victims of the New York and Washington tragedies.

The european community president, Romano Prodi, said earlier today that
Europe will do whatever it can to help the US hunt and destroy those
responsible for those horrendous acts, including military support.

I told you earlier that my grandmother was crying when she heard the news.
My grandfather was also almost in tears. They remember fondly the american
army when they freed Belgium from the german occupation. For them, and for
all my family, the americans are forever our liberators. My grandmother was
crying at what was done to such a brave and great people.

We will stand by the american people and help them as much as we can. As I
speak, a team of firemen from southern France is departing to New York.

We are brothers from the same soil, we are united in this unbelievable
tragedy.

Vincent Van Humbeeck (France and Belgium)