Re: [FWDLK] Tragedy is the least word

Thanks for the kind words, Marten. I haven't checked
all my e-mail accounts, but the responses from
overseas
have been so very moving.

There are times when something crazy happens here, or
we hear something scary such as Swedes being familiar
with Ricki Lake, Jerry Springer, etc., and we wonder
whatever must the rest of the world think of us? If
the
England,
Australia, New Zealand, Ecuador, Japan, and
particularly our Canadian friends (who may have more
cause to scratch their heads and wonder about us than
the rest of the world put together) are anything to go
by, I have to say I am touched and grateful for all of

your friendship.

I just got back from blowing out the carbon in the
300-K.
I needed to get back in touch with something that
really meant "America" to me. We Americans are for the

most part as aware of our shortcomings as the rest of
the world, but we do many things right as a people,
too. I am so grateful for the sympathy of the rest of
the world in this unbelievable time.