Re: [FWDLK] Flames - Toasted Pedestrians

Re: [FWDLK] Flames - Toasted Pedestrians

In a message dated 09/14/2001 12:08:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
PlymouthV8@AOL.COM writes:

<< I personally have never understood the beauty in flames from your tailpipe,
 but to each his own.  >>

OK, All you firebugs, this is how we did it in 1948...

Drill and tap the "Echo Cans" for spark plugs.  Connect them to a Model "T"
Ford spark coil.  run the car up in gear and while holding the throttle wide
open, turn the ignition off and the spark coil on.  You will lay a huge flame
behind the car and if you are lucky, not go over a manhole leaking natural
gas!!!

You must have a "Wide open throttle" mixture or it won't burn.

In one of my past lives, I was a test driver for Chrysler, in the air cleaner
lab.  We used to road test experimental air cleaners for intake noise by
going wide open throttle and turning the engine off to hear the intake noise.
 It was imperative to close the throttle before turning the ignition back on
because the rich mixture in the exhaust system would blow all at once with
catastrophic results.

Frankly, I don't know if these things are true with fuel injection, because
shutting off the ignition automatically cuts off the fuel flow.  I've grown
old enough that I don't care any more!!!!!!!

Enjoy the day! (But Remember WTC.)

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, Mi.